Shopping in Maryland… your Full Guide 2023
Why Maryland? If you’re a shopping enthusiast, Maryland has a great variety of shopping experiences waiting for you.
From top-class malls to unique local shops and bustling markets, you’ll find it all here. So let’s delve into the world of shopping in Maryland.
Over the years, Maryland’s shopping landscape has evolved tremendously. What once were local farmer markets have transformed into massive shopping complexes and unique boutiques catering to the varying needs and wants of locals and tourists alike.
Famous Shopping Malls
Some of the well-known shopping malls in Maryland are:
- Westfield Annapolis Mall: Located in the state’s capital, Westfield Annapolis is a premier shopping destination with over 200 stores, including major department stores like Nordstrom and Macy’s, and a diverse food court.
- Towson Town Center: Situated in Baltimore County, Towson Town Center is the epitome of luxury shopping. With four levels of exclusive brands and specialty boutiques, this mall provides a high-end shopping experience.
- The Mall in Columbia: This mall is an icon in Howard County, offering a blend of over 200 stores, from mainstream brands to unique local shops, and a variety of dining options.
- Arundel Mills: Located in Hanover, this outlet mall is the largest in Maryland. With over 225 stores, including a Bass Pro Shop and a Cinemark Theatre, Arundel Mills provides a comprehensive shopping and entertainment experience.
- White Marsh Mall: Based in the Baltimore area, White Marsh Mall offers a mix of over 150 stores and several dining options, making it a popular shopping destination for locals and tourists alike.
- Harborplace: Situated in Baltimore’s scenic Inner Harbor, Harborplace is not just a shopping center but a cultural experience, offering a mix of retail shops, eateries, and local attractions.
Unique Local Shops
Maryland also offers unique local shops:
- Trohv (Baltimore): This is a beloved local shop known for its unique selection of home goods, gifts, and antiques. With a keen eye for artistic and handcrafted items, Trohv offers a one-of-a-kind shopping experience.
- The Book Escape (Baltimore): This independent bookstore is a haven for bibliophiles. With an extensive collection of new, used, and rare books, it’s a place where you can spend hours exploring various genres.
- Baltimore Gift Shop: A great place to pick up a unique memento or gift, this shop showcases a wide variety of Baltimore-themed merchandise, including local crafts, apparel, and collectibles.
- Tilghman Jewelers (Annapolis): A family-owned business with a rich history, Tilghman Jewelers offers a unique selection of antique and contemporary jewelry. Their personalized service is what makes the shopping experience here so special.
- Sephora (Easton and Hagerstown): While Sephora is a well-known brand worldwide, the stores in Easton and Hagerstown have a local feel. They carry a wide array of beauty products and offer personalized beauty services.
- Second-Hand Stores (Baltimore): The city is dotted with thrift stores and consignment shops like the Goodwill in Bowie, and several others in Laurel and Waldorf. These stores are treasure troves for vintage fashion and furniture lovers.